Are you interested in attending one of our free, 15-minute training classes? Get certified in Overdose Prevention and Naloxone Administration! (you may also attend the free Food Handlers Training class immediately following the Naloxone Administration class instead of receiving the gift card).
Know your Status!
Are you interested in our free, 20-minute health screenings? Have you seen our ad on GRINDR or TINDER?
There are two ways to receive a $10 Subway Gift Card:
- Complete a 10-15 minute class. Click here to learn how and when to attend one of our Overdose Prevention & Naloxone training classes. Gift cards not issued to those attending the free Food Handlers Training class immediately following the Naloxone Training class.
- Update your social-networking profile (i.e., include the latest screening date on your Grindr profile). Click here to learn what screening services we offer, including a list of our rapid screening services. Most results are ready within 20 minutes!
- For those attending Food Handlers Training immediately after the Naloxone Training class, a Subway gift card is not available.
Here’s how to participate in updating your social-networking profile:
- Come in to receive a free screening.
- No appointments will be necessary.
- Drop-In Hours are as follows (excluding Holidays):
- Saturdays 10am to 4pm.
- Log on to Grindr, Tinder (or other social networking application), and update the “Last Tested Date” in your profile.
- Grindr users now have the option of setting reminders for screenings, which we can provide further details on utilizing this new feature.
- Save time and avoid the line by preregistering.
- Click here to register for any class or appointment, drop in when you are ready to attend, during our operating hours.
- Click here to learn about what you can get screened for during your visit
….a few notes on program rules
- Subway Gift Cards are not given to those participating in the free Food Handlers Training and Naloxone Administration classes. These classes are back to back, and the cost of Food Handlers Training is free.
- While you can still enroll to volunteer and receive a Subway Gift Card, if you are experiencing any STI symptoms or have had recent sexual contact with someone you know is infected, please visit your local clinic to discuss treatment (i.e., GIMC or NM Dept. of Health McKinley County Public Health Office). Click here to find your nearest location.
- We are also available to discuss the referral treatment process with you; however, we do not perform treatments or vaccinations on site.
- The volunteer program is limited to 100 participants.
- When the limit is reached, we will update this web page with a notification and no longer be issuing Subway gift cards.
- Each participant is limited to one Subway Gift Card per three month period.
- A screening may include a rapid HIV test, but it is not required. An HIV test is not required to enroll in the volunteer program, but encouraged for HIV negative individuals.
- Click here to learn about what you can get screened for during your visit.
- Many Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) are asymptomatic. The only way to know for sure whether or not you are infected is to be tested.
- For questions about how to use your Subway gift card, click here.
*Subway Gift Cards are not available to those attending the free Food Handlers Training class immediately following the Naloxone Training class; however, there is no cost to attend either class.